*** We are now open for submissions for LUMIN JOURNAL 2, the second print issue of Lumin Journal ***
Lumin are always looking for creative pieces of any art form. We consider them for online, our print issues, and sometimes for potential artist chapbooks and collaborations.
- Send us your visionary art, freely expressed poetry, literature, music, plays, sound pieces, experimental and lucid essay/critical/academic work, reviews, arts journalism, contemporary non-genre restricted unique creations—
- Especially submit if you find your work gets subjugated to ‘the underground’, if it’s experimental, conceptual & expansive-thinking. Expression, explorations of expression, deconstructions of expression; however your Self manifests in your art.
- we’re particularly interested in work that is in dialogue with or comes from spirituality, non-western thought, modernist, post-modernist & meta-modernist modes of expression, and unbound experimentation.
WE ENCOURAGE WORK FROM WALES, BATH, BRISTOL AND THE SOUTH WEST – If you have links/connections/pasts associated with these places, send us your work.
***FOR THIS LAST WEEK OF SUBMISSIONS UNTIL 5TH JUNE, WE ALSO ENCOURAGE SUBMISSIONS FROM ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD***
- ALL MEDIUMS, STYLES, FORMATS ACCEPTED – If your work is not easily converted/suitable for print format, send it to us anyway. By sending us your work you open up the possibilities for collaboration and the potential for something to take place. We are an expanding freely associative arts space/journal/publisher/artist collective with plans for future movements, expansions, collaborations and self/world changing art experiences.
- SIMULTANEOUS SUBMISSIONS ARE WELCOME – & we’re happy to put up work that appears in other publications/websites if it’s fine with them.
- ON DIVERSITY OF ARTISTS – We are reserving a few spaces in our print journal for diverse artists. If you identify as part of any kind of minority group (ethnicity, class/income, sexual orientation, disability, religion & more) we highly encourage you to submit your work, and share our call for submissions with others. We also do not judge work based on whether you’ve been previously published or have had work previously exhibited.
SUBMIT TO LUMINJOURNAL@GMAIL.COM IN WHATEVER FORMAT WORKS FOR YOU, WITH A SHORT CONTEXTUAL STATEMENT ABOUT YOUR PIECES IF YOU THINK IT’S NECESSARY.
DEADLINE FOR LUMIN 2 SUBMISSIONS: 5th JUNE 2018.
SUBMISSIONS FOR ONLINE, CHAPBOOKS AND COLLABORATIONS ARE ALWAYS OPEN.